Welcome to barbecue
Barbecue Chicago Cutlery Set Tool Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
When you are planning a budgeted menu, you must first know what your exact budget is when it comes to the food and drink specifically. Some people keep the food and drinks separate, but on average, the food and drink are a part of the same bill.
If you can afford the more expensive catering services, then by all means enjoy. However, if you are like most of us, you will likely need a little bit of help in creating a menu that is fitting to your budget.
If you are hosting an indoor reception in a hall and plan to have a dinner option, you have to make sure that you accommodate the needs of all of your guests which include vegetarians. You should request that the guests RSVP beforehand so that you can get the right amount of vegetarian plates.
The way that you choose to serve the dinners can vary. Here are some tips on how you can choose to serve the guests to make it a bit cheaper for you.
· You can serve the meals buffet style, with this option you have people forego wedding gifts in favor of bringing a dish
· You can offer vegetable, fruit an meat platters with dips and crackers instead of foods
· You can ask each guest to contribute a small amount of money to the reception or to make donations toward the reception rather than buying a gift.
· You can offer a soup and salad menu rather than a full blown entrée
· Offer a limited bar which means that you offer an open bar only at certain times such as after dinner and during toasting etc. that way your guests aren’t paying and you won’t go broke, the rest of the time offer a cash bar
· Offer around the world appetizers instead of a meal. This will give you the opportunity to offer fill ups such as crab, shrimp. Etc. as well as casual appetizers like cheese sticks, chicken wings, and mushroom caps etc. the around the world motif will also provide your party with a variety of different tastes.
· Request that each immediate family member create a dish instead of a present
· Do not pay for extras like servers, bartenders etc. asking a friend or family member to do it instead as a wedding gift to you
Outdoor receptions give you much freedom when choosing your menu because you can serve anything that you want including barbecue, long group submarine sandwiches or pizza.
As long as you offer foods that will accommodate both carnivores and vegetarians, you will be fine. You can always find items to suit all of your needs and every budget as long as your budget is reasonable for the amount of people that you are planning to serve. If it doesn’t fit, you may have to trim the invite list.
About the author:
For more tips and ideas on planning your wedding, check out The Ultimate Online Guide to Wedding Planning
Barbecue Chicago Cutlery Set Tool News
Windstar Cruises to expand in South Pacific - USA TODAY
Windstar Cruises to expand in South Pacific
Windstar Cruises will offer year-round sailings in the South Pacific starting in May. The small-ship company today announced one of its three sailing ships, the 148-passenger Wind Spirit, would permanently move to Tahiti on May 26 to operate voyages ...
10 DIY Holiday Gifts For Literally Everybody In Your Life - Huffington Post
10 DIY Holiday Gifts For Literally Everybody In Your Life
The holiday season is in full swing, which means about six more weeks of Christmas carols on repeat, impossibly-packed shopping mall parking lots and the growing anxiety of searching for the perfect gift for every special person in your life. Why not ...
Former NFL Player Teaches CPS Second-Graders, Coaches High School D ... - DNAinfo
Former NFL Player Teaches CPS Second-Graders, Coaches High School D ...
He's got a great routine with the kids," said McDonagh, who first coached with Bartlett at Chicago Hope Academy. "I have a son who's 8 and a daughter who's 6, and he's met them and certainly knows how to connect with kids and talk down to that level.".
This Adorable Holiday Ad Starring A Penguin Just Waddled Right Into Our Hearts - Huffington Post
This Adorable Holiday Ad Starring A Penguin Just Waddled Right Into Our Hearts
Even though it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, the Christmas-themed commercials have already begun -- and this one is sure to warm your heart on a blustery November day. The advertisement, for British department store John Lewis, features a little boy ...
Chefs Going for the Whole Hog - Huffington Post
Chefs Going for the Whole Hog
Armed with the tools of his trade- chef's knife, cleaver, mallet, and a hacksaw- this affable mid-westerner systematically goes about breaking down a pig carcass, laid out on a butcher block like T.S. Eliot's patient etherized upon a table. First to be ...
The Utensil Etiquette Your Parents Never Taught You - Huffington Post
The Utensil Etiquette Your Parents Never Taught You
What's more simple than a knife and fork? Okay, maybe a spoon. But like many things in life, there's more to utensils than meets the eye. In fact, these daily instruments carry a lot more weight than just the food you're shoveling. They're symbolic ...
National Guard Is Pulling Out of Ferguson as Tensions Ease - New York Times
New York Times
National Guard Is Pulling Out of Ferguson as Tensions Ease
New York Times
Jay Nixon ordered the Missouri National Guard to begin a withdrawal from this small city on Thursday, signaling that the authorities believed they had largely restored order after nearly two weeks of unrest set off by the police shooting of an unarmed ...